Holiday Driving Tips and the importance of AAA membershipby KC Martin Automotive on 12/02/14
We have a few Holiday/Winter driving tips to share with you, and really we found a great list from AAA that we have augmented a little. (For more great auto tips and information on roadside assistance check them out at www.exchange.aaa.com ) Holiday driving preparedness and safety begins before you start your trip---getting your car checked and up to date on all servicing, and includes watching out for children and belongings at all time, even on stops.
Here is the list of tips for your Holiday road trips:
1. Make sure your vehicle is properly maintained. If you have your car serviced on schedule, that's good, but also have your car and tires inspected before you take a long drive. Even if you bring it in for an oil change at our shop, you'll get the car inspected for anything clearly out of whack.
2. Map your route in advance and be prepared for busy roads during the crazy shopping and weather situations that come this time of the year. If possible, consider leaving earlier or later to avoid heavy traffic.
3. Keep anything of value in the trunk or covered storage area. If Holiday shopping is part of your trip or happens along the way, this will keep you from having a car break in when you have to leave the car for a moment.
4. If you’re traveling with children, remind them not to talk to strangers. Go with them on bathroom breaks and give them whistles to be used only if the family gets separated. We'd also add that you'll want to make sure you and your kids or passengers pay a little extra attention getting in and out of your car to watch out for other motorists and icy first-steps.
5. In case of an emergency, keep a cell phone and charger with you at all times. They also have these handy-dandy cell phone charger "power packs" that will give your phone a back up charge---consider those for when your car charger won't do.
Plus, you'll want to have roadside assistance contact information on hand, in case an incident occurs on the road. If you don't have a roadside assistance membership, then the folks at KC Martin think your main tip will be: GET A ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE MEMBERSHIP!
We work with AAA a lot, so we'd say that they are not only the original roadside assistance, but probably the most complete service to partner with. The main idea, and the reason you need it is for getting safely out of trouble on the road. Driving is dangerous enough without you having to change your own blown tire by the side of a busy road, or get ahold of an independent tow truck company with no assurance of how they will serve you. AAA ensures that they have your back during these Holiday trips to cover a number of needs. We highly recommend you get your membership with them, then come see us to get your car checked over, and your Holiday auto travel should be a safe as can be!
(For auto repair edmonds, lynnwood and surrounding areas have trusted for over 66 years, call on KC Martin Automotive today!)